April 11th is National Pet Day, a time in which we show a little extra love and attention to our beloved animals.
This holiday was started back in 2005 by Colleen Paige, a Pet and Family Lifestyle Expert.
Paige founded the holiday with the intention of celebrating pets, but more importantly wanted to bring awareness to animals that are waiting to find their forever homes as they wait in shelters and rescues. The holiday has remained an annual holiday ever since.
National Pet Day was created to celebrate all kinds of pets. Whether you have a dog, cat, fish, bird, rabbit, or snake, April 11th is the time to pay special attention to your animal friend.
Whether you are the loving owner of a beloved pet or if you are an avid animal lover, there are many ways to show your love:
1. Adopt a pet from your local animal rescue or shelter.
2. Throw a party to celebrate your pets and National Pet Day.
3. Take time out of your day to volunteer at your local shelter to help care for animals while they await adoption.
4. Donate food, toys, and other needed items to an animal welfare organization.
5. Check all forms of identification in the event that your pet gets lost.
6. Take photos of your pets and share them on social media to show your pet appreciation. Be sure to use the hashtag #NationalPetDay
7. Schedule an appointment with your regular veterinarian to give your pet a checkup. Verify that your pet is up to date on all vaccinations.
8. Buy your pet a new toy and some treats. Also take time to sort through your pet’s old toys to find any old or unsafe toys.
9. Maintain your pet-friendly home by hiding all cords and toxins to prevent your pets from ingesting them.
10. Take your pet out to the park to enjoy the outdoors.
With an estimated 85-million families in the US own a pet, this holiday is a reminder of the importance pets are to so many lives and the need to help animals in need find loving homes. Pets brings us so much joy throughout our day, remember to bring a little joy into your pet’s life today.
photo source: Pexels
source: 3 Sided Media
When deciding on a website, choosing between a template and a custom design can be difficult. Let 3 Sided Media help!
Social media is one of the ways clients discover goods and services in the web-driven market today.
Our work for you begins where other website companies end. Once your website is completed, our team just getting started.